Maybe some of you have seen that we carry fresh produce from time to time in store. Usually from November to February we bring in Clementines from Spain and they are sweet, delicious, and out of this world! I adapted this recipe from a few similar ones that I found on Pinterest. I make this recipe almost once a week now…it is amazing and so easy!
- 1 whole free range chicken cut into quarters (by one of our skilled butchers!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 clementines or 1 large orange, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to season the chicken
I throw everything in a container with a lid (except the sliced oranges and lemons) and shake it up or you could just mix with a whisk in a bowl. Place parchment at the bottom of a roasting pan. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Put the chicken in the pan and cover with the orange mixture. Make sure you coat each piece nicely. Then I season everything with quite a bit of salt and pepper. Arrange the sliced oranges under and around the chicken evenly. Bake the chicken in the oven for approximately 40 minutes. Check that the chicken juices run clear to ensure doneness. Enjoy with any side dish and a glass of Pinot Grigio!