This quick & fun little appie is creamy and delicious. My sister-in-law-to-be and bestie came up with this flavour combination and I was blown away! Because of the chestnuts it works especially well around the holidays. With the help of fresh rosemary, this spread smells divine. Serve it with a champagne cocktail garnished with fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprig. Yum!
- 1 small tub of Mascarpone cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons of finely chopped cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of fleur du sel or coarse sea salt
In a small bowl combine the chestnuts with the rosemary and a touch of salt. Spread some mascarpone cheese on a crostini or cracker. Top it with the chestnut mixture. Drizzle with honey and top with fleur du sel. Another way would be to combine all the ingredients together with a whisk or electric mixer and spread on your favourite cracker or serve with grissini (bread sticks).