When I’m really exhausted and don’t feel like cooking I make this delicious prawn pasta recipe. It’s also great for when you’re having unexpected guests for dinner and you don’t have much in the house. I keep at least one bag of Ocean Wise prawns from our freezer section in my home freezer at all times for this reason. This recipe only takes as long as it takes to boil a pot of water and cook pasta, but most of all it is so flavourful! Serves 4-6 depending on if you eat as much pasta as we do!
- 1 package of linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- As many sustainable Ocean Wise Prawns as you want (at least 15-20)
- Dash of red hot chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped parsley for garnish
Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter for about 5 minutes on a medium/high heat until soft. If adding the tomatoes put them in now. Add the prawns to the pan. Season the prawns with salt, pepper, and chili flakes while they’re cooking. Stir the prawns to cook evenly. After about 2 minutes add in the white wine. Cook for another minute or two. Make sure the prawns are cooked by checking that they’ve all turned pink. Add the arugula. Add your al dente cooked linguine to the pan and toss all together. Serve with some parsley on top for garnish.